Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Got Sausage!

Reader: Excuse me? What are you talking about? Sarah, where are you going with this?

Guys. Here in Guatemala, where we live, it is hard to find anything safe to eat besides chicken... This is probably not completely true, but we are extra paranoid and really try to avoid puking our guts out. It's just something as a family that we decided not to do together. No one wants to bond over a toilet so we eat canned chicken all the time. (Really, canned chicken has gotten a bad rap. You can do all kinds of great stuff with it.)

So, today we were in Guatemala City at a store called Price Mart. It is a wannabe Costco/Sam's but we are grateful for it nonetheless. They usually have the same old thing, but today I found Johnsonville Sausage! You have no idea how long I have looked for and yearned for sausage!

Reader: Sarah...once again, where are you going with this?

When all you have is chicken, you start to crave stuff. Hamburgers are not a craving because we have Burger King 20 minutes away (It's just the same as a grilled hamburger on the 4th of July out by a pool...IT IS!..) Mexican food isn't really a craving because we can make Nachos here. But Barbecue is a craving that I have not been willing to satisfy at the local Tony Romos (3 hours away). Barbecue in a place like Guatemala is a bit scary. You just probably shouldn't go there unless you want to see it again in your toilet. Just saying.

So, I bought a ton of sausage, drove three hours home, and started cooking.

I realize that I just mentioned barbecue, but at the time, all I could think about was pasta, so I made this:


Reader: Sarah, once again, I feel like I have to ask you this quite often, where do the oils come in to your story?

Well Reader, oils come in like this. I used lemon oil to flavor this delicious dish, and it was fantastic! Just 4 or 5 drops. So yummy! Lemon is one of the cheapest oils you can get, but it has SOOOO many uses. This is just one of them. 

So, I got sausage. It was delicious. John even liked it a lot. 

The moral to this story: Get you some oils. Message me. Life changing...Life changing.

Treat Yo Self!
To sign in as a normal customer OR to get your Premium Starter Kit and get 24% off on all purchases in the coming year (Wholesale Member)... WHAT!? That's right...

No comments:

Post a Comment